PanOs 10 application icons

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PanOs 10 application icons

L4 Transporter

At the risk of exposing myself as a complete idiot, can anyone point me at an explanation of these icons used by PANOS/Panorama?  I am very familiar with the green gear that indicates an inherited value, but since upgrading to v10 almost all of the applications which are grouped under a master application have now got a red gear on their icon, some have a little yellow pencil and some have neither.  I can't find anything that explains these, if anyone can help?

panos applicaitons.png

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

A gear indicates that the application has configurable options (risk level, TCP settings, etc.). (EDIT: Actually... looking at some other cases, my understanding of the gear icon is incorrect, you can also adjust the settings in non-gear applications). A pencil indicates that it is a custom application...

If the icon to the left of the application name has a yellow pencil ( ), the application is a custom application.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-web-interface-help/objects/objects-applications/...

The later I don't quite understand as ms-delve and ms-dmp are built in applications vs. the custom applications the end user creates.

Thanks Adrian, that is interesting and yes the documentation says that the yellow pencil indicates a custom application, but these are definitely not ones we have created.  However, they do have the option to disable app-id so that fits in with them being customisable, rather than custom applications.

We noticed these after we upgraded to v10 and as far as I can tell the red cog is shown on all applications in a group, but we have not changed anything on them.  From what I can see they don't have anything that can be modified.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!