"load config partial" to copy template data across different panoramas

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"load config partial" to copy template data across different panoramas

L2 Linker

I have certificates located in a template in a Panorama instance. I would like to 'copy' the certificate data (CA flag, private keys, etc) over to a new template within another Panorama instance.

I understand that I can export the cert + key, and import manually into the new template. This is part of a larger migration and I'd like to use the 'load config partial' command to copy the data over. I've already taken a configuration snapshot from my source panorama, and imported the configuration snapshot into my destination panorama.

This works fine if I wanted to grab the (source) PANORAMA certificates, but for some reason, I can't pull any cert data from the (source) template. When running the commands, I'm getting an error stating that the "input file doesn't have anything at..."

If I use the API browser, I can indeed see that there is no output on the screen, when I navigate to where the certs are located in my source template:

devices/entry[@name='localhost.localdomain']/template/entry[@name='Global+Template']/config/shared/certificate

I can drill into the template, but I don't see anything where I should see the certificates. If I look at the Panorama certificates, I do indeed see the certificates within the API browser? Does anybody know why this is happening? Any suggestions for a workaround?

For more context, I am essentially looking to 'copy' templates from a source panorama to a destination panorama. I've been using SET commands (get the SET commands from the source, and enter them into the destination), but manually copying the SET syntax for the cert is not working.

If there's a way to copy over the ENTIRE template via load config partial, then I'm all ears.... If anybody has any other suggestions, they would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!