cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Template not being pushed to new devices

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have added some new firewalls to Panorama and would like to deploy templates to them. I added them to the correct device groups and stacks and saved on Panorama.

When I click push to devices I am getting a lot of errors as seen below..

MAllen_0-1713867717218.png

Why are the new firewalls not being configured with the template configs?

These new firewalls are replacing the old ones so I have replicated the current device group and templates.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi @M.Allen 

When you are pushing template config to your firewall, in security zone configuration you are using a log-forwarding profile called "default" that doesn't exist yet on your new firewalls.

The log-forwarding profiles are part of Device Groups.

To mitigate the template push error, you have two options:

• eliminate from template zone config the log settings
  • or on each firewall to create a log-forwarding profile called "default" and at the end when you finish to push also the device group (that for sure include a log-forwarding profile called) go back to each firewall and delete the local created log-forwarding profile
Cheers,
Cosmin

Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem!

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

I have added the devices to the correct groups and committed to panorama. Do I then need to push the device group to the Palos before applying templates?

MAllen_0-1713871228276.png

When attempting to push device groups to the Palo's it fails..

MAllen_1-1713871299952.png

Here is the fail to push device group details

MAllen_2-1713871457909.png

Also once the above is sorted do I then define the template stacks for each firewall.. when does the shared policy sync?

#

L3 Networker

Hi @M.Allen 

When you are pushing template config to your firewall, in security zone configuration you are using a log-forwarding profile called "default" that doesn't exist yet on your new firewalls.

The log-forwarding profiles are part of Device Groups.

To mitigate the template push error, you have two options:

• eliminate from template zone config the log settings
  • or on each firewall to create a log-forwarding profile called "default" and at the end when you finish to push also the device group (that for sure include a log-forwarding profile called) go back to each firewall and delete the local created log-forwarding profile
Cheers,
Cosmin

Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem!

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!