VM sdb drive shows 1.7TB in CLI and not seen in GUI for Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM sdb drive shows 1.7TB in CLI and not seen in GUI for Panorama

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We are trying to rebuild our Panorama instances that did a hard crash we could not recover from using 10.1.5h1. We started with a 10.0 ova file and then upgraded to 10.1 and then 10.1.5h2. When we tried to commit the snapshot we saved from the secondary we noticed that it failed because there we only 13GB of disk space for logs. The CLI showed the 2TB log disk, sdb, as only having 1.7TB available. But not even the 1.7TB showed up in the GUI . We tried disk sizes of 2049GB (to match the secondary), 2048GB and 2512GB. But the sdb drive keeps show up as 1.7TB in the CLI and invisible in the GUI (setup, mgmt, logging and reporting window). With the slow response of Palo support right now I thought I would post it here to see if anyone else has run into the same issue.

Thanks, Jim from the Lone Star State.

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Updating my findings as I go along. Noticed that our recovery build we started with the 10.0 ova is starting in Panorama mode versus the legacy mode that the upgraded from 8>9>10 secondary is in. Going to start over with a 9.x ova and see if we can get it legacy mode.

All the OVA versions we tried started in Panorama mode. Waiting on tech support to tell us how to get to legacy mode.

L0 Member

What was the outcome? 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!