Understand Flow Decision Bitmap of Prisma SD-WAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Understand Flow Decision Bitmap of Prisma SD-WAN

L0 Member

Can someone please help me to understand this flow (refer the attach image of Bitmap , Advance Info Tab, Paths in Policy and Circuits)

I got below question on 1st image of Bitmap

1. what each line in bitmap means ?

I got below question on 2nt image of Advanced Tab

1. How CG determines Available WAN network? We have 3 circuits but it is only showing one

2. How CG determines Allowed WAN Paths Filtered By Policy?

3. How CG determines Allowed WAN Paths Filtered By Network Reachability?

4. How CG determines Preferred WAN Paths and why it is blank for the flow?

CG Bitmap - Community.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for posting your questions @Rupesh_A

I am currently running PoC with CloudGenix ION appliances. I might not be able to address all of your questions, but I will try to cover them best to my knowledge.

Flow Decision Bitmap is an aggregated information of all the details of the flow. Regarding information what each line means, there is unfortunately no documentation that goes into such detail and I agree it is not intuitive/user friendly.

If you do not see all available circuits, could you make sure they are correctly configured? Each of the Internet Port should have below sign:

PavelK_0-1634213782259.png

If you do not see this symbol, this indicates that some configuration is missing. Make sure that under Internet Port the Circuit Label is assigned as well as: "Use this port for..." Internet is selected. After this, you should be able to see all 3 WAN circuits.

Once user traffic is generated and passing ION appliance, the application reachability probe will determine best circuit for particular traffic:

PavelK_1-1634214502912.png

The details of what criteria are used to determined best path are hidden from GUI, but if you want to have a look, you can open portal by using advanced setting: https://portal.hood.cloudgenix.com/#advanced

If you do not see any flow, it sounds like there was no traffic passing that circuit.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!