Block grayware files?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block grayware files?

L2 Linker

We have recently had a few grayware alerts come through and i was wondering is there anyway files marked as grayware in WIldfile could be blocked the same as they are for malicious files? 

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no Antivirus signature generation for grayware files.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I dont know of a way to do it on the PAN itself. However looks like if you have traps. it can.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/34/endpoint/newfeaturesguide/malware-protection-featu...

You can always submit a feature request to your SE.

Regards,

Thanks, i did do a little research before posting on here and all i could see was Traps related stuff but unfortunatly we dont have Traps, so i might have to request it a feature

There is no Antivirus signature generation for grayware files.

yup i read that as well haha

I was just hoping that the firewall can alert you its grayware it could then give you the option to block it but it seems it cant. Im also looking at our endpoint protection as well as this should step in to help it out

Yes, Traps can be configured to block files marked as grayware by WildFire through Hash Control.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!