Hotmail session end Reason "threat"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hotmail session end Reason "threat"

L1 Bithead

im trying to allow hotmail. i have created a policy to allow hotmail. when going to the web site "mail.live.com" action is "allowed" however the session is ended because "threat"  i cant quite find why and/or where hotmail application is being catagorized as a threat. any help? thanks

HOTMAIL.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

we were able to resolve the issue. turns out the USER ID was coming across with only part of the domain name and the policy was set for the full domain name. There for, my traffic was never meeting the criteria for the policy and fell into the explicit deny. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Click on the paper and magnifying glass icon on the far left of the lost. It'll bring up more details and there you should be able to see in the middel as to what it found and why it was blocked.

Hope that helps.

L1 Bithead

we were able to resolve the issue. turns out the USER ID was coming across with only part of the domain name and the policy was set for the full domain name. There for, my traffic was never meeting the criteria for the policy and fell into the explicit deny. 

That was. thank you!

Hi,

I can not agree with you explanation, since if the user is not matching then it's going the deny rule at the end is fine. But here it's identified as a 'threat'. So should be blocked by URL Filtering. But if it is also not.. That's the issue. I'm also facing same issue. Traffic is dentified as a threat in traffic log. But URL Filtering action is allowed.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!