Need to Verify traffic.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need to Verify traffic.

L0 Member

Hello All,

I am using PA-820, i only have cli access to device. I will require to verify traffic from a particular source and destination on the device. Do we have any commands to do that ? May be something like packet tracer to get all the routes / ACL / NAT supporting.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

On the cli for live traffic your best bet is problably show session.  There are some examples of how to use this with filters for the source and destination address here.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Featured-Articles/Getting-Started-Flow-Basic/ta-p/72556

The general cli cheat sheet may also help.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/80/pan-os/cli-gsg/cli-cheat-sheets/cli-cheat-sheet-ne...

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L2 Linker

@shresth91 you might be thinking of tcpdump here. Then you cn either export (if allowed) the pcap using scp to view in a tool of your choosing like wireshark for instance, or use the buil-in view-pcap.  traceroute and ping are also available from the CLI too.  Hope this helps!  Best - Lora

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!