TID 95187 is not on my signature list

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TID 95187 is not on my signature list

L5 Sessionator

Hi,
The question is related to following vulnerability: https://security.paloaltonetworks.com/CVE-2024-3400

In this it said "Recommended Mitigation: Customers with a Threat Prevention subscription can block attacks for this vulnerability by enabling Threat ID 95187 (introduced in Applications and Threats content version 8833-8682)."

However, when I update content signature to the latest ( which is 8833-8682 ), and then try to create new vulnerability profile with specifying 95187 only, it does not shows me 95187.

2024-04-12 18 05 53.png

With ID range, the result is as below

2024-04-12 18 06 54.png

I'm sure there is ID 95187 because I can check via CLI.

admin@PA-410> show system info | match app-version
app-version: 8833-8682
admin@PA-410> show threat id 95187

This signature detects malicious payload in HTTPS request.

critical
Unknown
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-admin/threat-prevention

admin@PA-410>

NOTE:  I can replicate this condition with other platforms too.

How can I create this vulnerability profile for mitigation?

16 REPLIES 16

We are using Threat Prevention subscription license in our environment. We are also not seeing Threat ID 95187 even though 8833-8682 Content version is installed. Does Threat ID 95187 only appear if we use Advanced Threat Prevention Subscription

License?

It works with Threat Prevention subscription. The GUI issue is not due to Advanced Threat Prevention Subscription missing.

• 16 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!