What is the meanings for URL and destination under the URL filtering?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the meanings for URL and destination under the URL filtering?

L1 Bithead

PA-Capture.PNG

the URL showed that URL is maper.info while Destination is iplogger.com 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

@wahxwah URL is the url user is trying to access as taken from the HTTP header, or as in your case of encrypted traffic, from the SSL Certificate. 

Destination is the actual destination IP of the session.

I am not sure why you are getting the output in the below, but there will be more information if you can share the detailed log. I wonder if you have selected the "Resolve hostname" checkbox at the bottom of the screen and the firewall is trying to do reverse lookup for the IP. 

I got the captioned screenshot from Monitor > URL Filtering section.

Detailed, pls refer to the new screenshot PA-Capture-2.PNG

Hello,

@BatD has it correct. You have "Resolve hostname" checked at the bottom of the page. Uncheck it and it will list IP's only.

OtakarKlier_0-1578439199870.png

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!