Here's a related issue: Installation fails of MineMeld on AWS Ubuntu 14.04 AMI using the base 64 file.
1) Download the minemeld-cloud-init-0.9.8-4.b64 file from PA
2) Enter AWS EC2 -> Launch Instance
3) Create a new t2.micro instance of ubuntu 14.04
4) Under Advanced Details, specify:
User data select "As file" select "Input is already base64 encoded" choose file: minemeld-cloud-init-0.9.8-4.b64
Note that the file above uploads successfully
5) Complete creating the ubuntu AMI
Note that the ubuntu AMI is built and starts up with no errors
6) ssh into the ubuntu using pUTTY
Note that MineMeld was not installed. There is no /opt/minemeld directory. Nor is a minemeld service running.
What logs would show where the MM installation failed?
... View more