Here is a quick update.
I decided to downgrade the new units to 5.0.8 and then copy the config onto them. This way I did not have make any changes to production. Much easier not having to go through change controle and waiting for change windows and such.
Once I got the current config on them running 5.0.8, I modified a couple things like the interface differenced between the two appliances. then I upgraded the new ones to 6.1.8.
I brought them into production for 1 hour late last night just to identify any issues or things I've overlooked. I had forgotten to assign a virtual router to a new interface, other than that most things worked fine.
One thing I think is not working is the single site to site VPN we have with a vendor we use. I have compared the configs and the settings are the same, so I'll have to work on this.
I'll be bringing this new boxes permenantly into production next week.
Thanks again for the direction and information.
... View more