ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.
Better alignment with BPA results between Customer Success BPA and Expedition BPA
In past engagements I have used both the Customer Success teams BPA and the BPA tools inside of Expedition. My biggest frustration with using Expedition for a BPA is the results are not evaluated the same way as the CS-BPA so you can't easily interrelate the findings between the 2 tools. If the results could be more aligned, the customer could be shown how to use expedition to do the heavy lifting on building the overall transformation scores so when they return to the CS-BPA they will have predictable results.
Just saying, if anyone is listening
... View more
I know this is dated now but I wanted to add my 2-cents on this so that maybe it can be of help to others.
I had the expedition working great in my Macbook using fusion. That deployment was easy becuase the download came as a .vmarevm file ready to launch. I opened it up in fusion and made sure it booted and worked as designed. Then I shut it down and went to the Fusion Menu - File and selected export to ovf option. Then when in the dialog choose to create a single OVA file and let it do its thing... be patient it takes a bit. I'm sure the same thing is possible from vmware workstation.
PS NOTE: my export was a version VM12 and my vSphere is only 6.0 so at first it failed. I had to go back into fusion, modify the compatibility to version 11, then re export. Then it imported fine.
After that I opened the vsphere web-client and imported it just as any other ova. Worked like a champ.
Regards, I hope it helps.
... View more