Cannot route any traffic to my internal VNETs unless the incoming traffic is source NATed to the internal inerfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot route any traffic to my internal VNETs unless the incoming traffic is source NATed to the internal inerfaces

L0 Member

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the Palo Azure environment. I have everything set up with 4 Palo VM instances between an external and internal load balancer.  I am having an issue with NAT where traffic from the outside will not route to my internal VNETs unless it is first Source NATed to the internal interfaces of the firewalls. The source IP needs to be retained for security reasons on the proxy and with it only logging the internal interfaces of the firewalls I cannot implement proper policy. When I set the source NAT to "none" I can see the sessions on the firewall and they show that the traffic is doing exactly what it should but nothing ever reaches the proxy. We have even gone as far as to move the proxy to the same subnet as the internal interfaces of the firewall. I am not sure if I am running up against some asymetrical routing or something else.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!