Connectivity issue during failover test

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connectivity issue during failover test

We have three VPC and Transit Gateway  along with Gateway Load Balancer deployed. Two VM series deployed in two AZs and We have test VPC that spans in three AZs Gateway Both FW registered in Target Group of Load Balancer using IP address. When FW are deployed interface swap is not used. Routes are configured as network diagram.

I can ping from test vpc1 to test vpc2 and vice versa when both FW are up and running, BUT when I do failover test by shutting down one of the FW, some test VPC cannot ping to other Test VPC like if I ping from test VPC1 to two VMs on other Test VPC running on two different AZz, one connection drops during when shutting down one FW, i.e. Gateway Load Balancer is not transferring connection other FW which is running, so have following questions:

When deploying FW behind Gateway Load Balancer in AWS, is it mandatory to swap-interface during boot-strap ?Palo-post-image.JPG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Have you enabled Appliance mode on the TGW Attachment and cross-zone load balancing on the GWLB?

Interface swap is not required but recommended when using automation script or autoscaling.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Have you enabled Appliance mode on the TGW Attachment and cross-zone load balancing on the GWLB?

Interface swap is not required but recommended when using automation script or autoscaling.

After implementing cross-zone load balancing it fix issue. 

Thanks 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!