Licensing Issues with PAYG Bundle 2 on AWS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Licensing Issues with PAYG Bundle 2 on AWS

L0 Member

I have just setup the PAYG AWS Bundle 2 and am having issues with enabling the URL filtering etc. subscriptions.

I'm unsure if it could be to do with the fact that I am still in the Free Trial, but I would assume these subscriptions would be present in this state?

Below I have attached screenshots of what the current Licensing and Version config. are.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 14.18.08.pngScreenshot 2019-06-07 at 14.18.49.png

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

What is the actual error you are receiving? If you are using a bundle you shouldn't be on a free trial. If you haven't tried this already go back to the licensing tab and fetch licensing again. 

Thanks for the response.

Whenever I attempt to commit changes with subscription based functionality (i..e URL filtering) enabled I get 'No Valid License' errors.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 17.36.47.png

However, when I check the license page I get the following output which leads me to believe the License is valid? and there is no option to fetch the license again.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 14.18.08.png

I'm having the same issue. This is very odd. it should the very least shows the vm-model.I will raise a case on this.

L1 Bithead

I just spun up a FW in AWS and short of complaining that the sig pack wasn't loaded the FW worked as expected.

L3 Networker

Hi all, can you please check the instance type. This was caused by chosing the wrong instance type. Vm-series PAYG model in AWS is a VM-300 model, if you do not allocate the right memory and number of CPUs, then, it wont be able to register itself to the license server. I have changed my instance type to m4.xlarge, the everything is working as expected. I can see the instance now is licensed properly (see the below screenshot).  To find out the minimum requirements for VM-300, go to the following link https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClDCCA0

On how to change EC2 instance type, go to the following link https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-instance-resize.html

2019-06-24_08-01-30.jpg

@jperry1 there is no option to fetch a license in PAYG model. Once you have registrered the CPUID and serial number in customer support portal (https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/vm-series/9-0/vm-series-deployment/license-the-vm-series-firewall/...), the instance (if properly sized) will download the license automatically. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!