ssh on web server ec2 instance in trust subnets

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ssh on web server ec2 instance in trust subnets

L1 Bithead

I have deploy vm series 2.0 firewall template and application template on aws. Also deploy Bastion jump server for ssh. I'm able to ssh access  of vm series instance but unable to ssh on web server instance in private subnets.

Please guide me, how can I'm  able to ssh on webserver.

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

Routing should not be an issue if all of the devices are in the same VPC.  The routing for the packets from the bastion directly to ip address of the web server will be direct across the fabric and will not pass thru the firewall.  Typically the issue will be the security group on the web server not allowing SSH (port 22) access into the web server.  

If you want to have that traffic pass thru the firewall, you will have to create NAT polices inside the FW.  You will need to NAT both SRC and DST addesses to insure symetrical flows of traffic to be thru the firewall.

I already added ssh 22 in security group, but still can't access to web server.

Which web server have you loaded?  Are you sure the server can accept an SSH connection?

Yes, Opened port 22 in security group

I was refering to the server software you call web server.  What is it, Linux, Windows??  Also is this from marketplace or something you have built.

Its Amazon ecs-optimized AMIsLinux

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!