VM-Series maintenance in Azure VMSS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM-Series maintenance in Azure VMSS

L1 Bithead

Hello

Is there a way to upgrade existing VM-Series in Azure VMSS? What is the process?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hi Fatih.  Yes, it's possible to upgrade the VM-Series in a VMSS.  You will need to update the template that builds the FW/VM-Series for your scale out events.  Once that is updated, you can remove one old FW at a time and let the template build out the new.  If you don't update the template, your old version of PAN-OS would get deployed on the next scale out event.

Scott Thornton

Hello @sthornton 

Thanks for feedback. I forgot to mention that the deployment is done through Panorama Orchestration.

So, if I change the version on the deployment configuration on Panorama,

• this will relaunch again the whole deployment?
  • or change only the VM-series?
    • if so, it will do for every VM-series at the same time? --> which will cause traffic interruption for a long time ...
  • or should I remove the VM-series one by one in Azure in order to have a new one with the target version as you indicated?

I'll test it in my lab environment. If you have information during this time, I'lll be glad 🙂

Fatih

Hello @sthornton 

Tried to make the update from Panorama by changing the version in Azure plugin deployment settings.

Failed with the error below:

2022-05-05_18h51_08.png

2022-05-05_18h52_04.png

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!