Intermittent error using XML Api

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Intermittent error using XML Api

Not applicable

Sometimes I will get the following error:

<response status="error"><result><msg>Authentication failed: Invalid username or password </msg></result></response>

while using the XML Api and the "type=config&action=set&key=" parameters. Always, if I mannually copy the command that just failed into my browser and execute it, it works fine.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before?

The command that is failing is just the fifth or sixth command that is being executed, all with the same value of the key field, with the previous commands working correctly.

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Could you provide some info on : What PAN-OS version is this on? What are you using to run the api - curl, wget? Are the 5 or 6 queries run in a sequence or in parallel?

We are running on 4.0.8

We are using .Net and WebRequest

All queries are run in sequence.

I'm guessing you must already be URL encoding the key and other parameters. It is not apparent to me what the issue could be. Please open a case with support along with info on the actual commands used and other data in this thread.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!