Number of commands at once

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Number of commands at once

L4 Transporter

Here is my issue, why does Palo seem to have a hard time handling anything more than 30 lines of CLI at a time?  Is there a preferred terminal emulator that works best with Palo Alto such as SecureCRT?  It's awful, the lines wrap back around onto themselves making it difficult to "tab" though commands.  But mostly, if I put in more than 25 to 30 lines of "delete shared address server.com" for example, REALLY BAD things happen!!! 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RobertShawver ,

I know that this is an old thread, but these commands work for me when I do bulk edits:

set cli terminal width 500

set cli pager off

set cli scripting-mode on

The docs say you can only do about 20 lines bulk paste without scripting mode on.  Please remember in scripting mode tab and context-sensitive help do not work.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

I use SuperPutty in my home labs and SecureCRT at work. SecureCRT works definitely better. In SecureCRT i don't have those indeed awful issues with line wraps. It might be helpful even with the amount of commands you try to run, but can't confirm at this moment.

I use SecureCRT as well, but still have the line wrap issue.  Is there a setting or something that you did to help with this?

Sorry to hear that. I use it in pretty much the default configuration, except the terminal color. The only thing that might be different between your and mine setup is, that I use Mac. I can run very long commands such as show counter global filter delta yes aspect session value all severity drop category zip packet-filter yes without any wrappings. 

There is a line wrap option in SecureCRT. I have not used it personally, but it may help your problem. *** EDIT *** I just used it and it completely removed all line wraps when I tried it.

Options > Session Options > Terminal > Emulation > Modes. It is the second check box from the top on my version.

I'll check it out and report back.  Thanks!!

Unfortunately, that did not fix it for me.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @RobertShawver ,

I know that this is an old thread, but these commands work for me when I do bulk edits:

set cli terminal width 500

set cli pager off

set cli scripting-mode on

The docs say you can only do about 20 lines bulk paste without scripting mode on.  Please remember in scripting mode tab and context-sensitive help do not work.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!