COrtex vulnerability assessment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

COrtex vulnerability assessment

L2 Linker

COrtex vulnerability assessment showed on Linux Snap has an older version but we upgraded latest version it still shows an an older version on the Console when i raised case one support they told me the below point I have pasted below didn't get what he said Also we getting multiple firefox vulnerability even tho we upgraded

below are the support response
For the snap upgrade to version 2.61, the package was updated 'inside' snap, but the Debian package installed on the system remained 2.58. This is what Ubuntu sees, this is what we query, this is what we report

Can u guys explain this for multiple Linux machines we are facing this issue even tho we upgraded the console is not reflected

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi RajeshPremSingh, 

The response indicates that the upgrade did not apply to the Debian package, just the snap package. Cortex XDR lists only CVEs relating to the operating system and will query the distro package. 

You may run the dpkg-query -W command to verify the application version and compare the result to Host Insights VA. 

The same scenario applies for Firefox as well; Firefox may be installed in the snap package instead of the Debian package. 

I hope this provides a better understanding of your inquiry.

Thank you

If you found this answer helpful, please select Accept as Solution.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!