Cortex XDR integration with IBM QRadar

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR integration with IBM QRadar

L2 Linker

Hi All,

We have a requirement to get cortex XDR Data(Alerts, agent audit logs) into IBM Qradar. Following the documentation, we took the approach of configuring syslog server in external applications, new configuration in notifications, and adding Cortex DSM app extension in QRadar.

Due to security concerns, our QRadar team does not wish to make our syslog server's private IP address public.

A public IP is required in order to add a Syslog server to External Applications, according to the XDR documentation. We lack a public IP, hence we are unable to use this strategy.

As a result, I was searching for a different way to send XDR alerts to the Qradar Syslog Server (perhaps using an API). If anyone has any alternative suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance.

Cortex XDR 

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi @MithunKT you can forward all alert logs via email and have QRadar pick them up and parse it, if that works.

Alternately, you can also leverage XDR API's to retrieve all alerts, but you might run into throttling issues if the number of alerts are very high.

L2 Linker

Hi @MithunKT 

I'm assuming the QRadar data gateway is not an option? Typically this is what I encounter on customer that have QRadar.

L0 Member

Hello @MithunKT ,
From my experience with Qradar SIEM this could be solved by deploying seprate disconnected log collector with public IP for these type of sources. 
Disconnected Log Collector - IBM Documentation
Maybe it will help 
Kind Regards

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!