Data Ingestion License Violation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Data Ingestion License Violation

L2 Linker

After our Cortex XDR tenant was upgraded to 3.9 we started receiving the following error: "License Violation warning Based on a 7 day average calculation from February 24th 2024 to March 1st 2024, your daily ingestion quota is exceeded."

Looking at the Data Ingestion Dashboard it appears our NGFW data ingestion is reporting to has significantly increased since the upgrade. I checked the ACC monitor for Palo Alto Logging traffic on the firewall and it has not changed. The NGFW shows 500GB sent to Cortex Data Lake the last 7 days and the Cortex XDR Data Ingestion dashboard shows 3.87TB in the last 7 days.

I opened a case with support but wondering if anyone else has received this warning.

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hello @jruck ,

Thanks for reaching out on LiveCommunity!

Glad to know that you have already opened TAC case. Keeping the conversation open for others to share the same.

Regards.

Ashutosh Patil

L1 Bithead

Hi @jruck 

Let us know what is PA resolution in your case. We got the same warning few days ago.

Regards.

L2 Linker

We do have the same issue. TAC told me, that this is a known issue but I didn't get further information about a fix yet.

L1 Bithead

We are seeing the same issue. Did you get any response from support?

L2 Linker

I just got the information from TAC that there was an issue in some calculations. TAC also mentioned they solved this issue and from tomorrow the ingestion values should be normal again

L1 Bithead

Hi All, 

I can also confirm what @micomi said above, we received the same answer from PA. I already can see it normal for today.

Best.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!