Failed to load license data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to load license data

L0 Member

Since our recent renewal, which is reflected in Assets in the support portal, attempting to Cortex XDR results in an error message of "Failed to load license data or license is expired."

Background: We recently renewed our Cortex XDR Pro license. We did not renew our additional data lake license, as we weren't using the extended storage. However, XDR Pro is supposed to include "30 days of data retention." Here's how this shows in the portal:

Reflexion_0-1714678543536.png

I'm assuming the issue is a mismatch between the discrete data lake license, which is expired, and the product license, which is still active. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @Reflexion 

Thanks for reaching out on LiveCommunity!

• To simplify Cortex XDR, the product team natively integrated a dedicated data lake that is delivered as part of the Cortex tenant. The natively integrated data lake can ingest data from all Palo Alto Networks data sources and all 3rd party sources. Ingestion of Palo Alto Networks network security logs can now be done directly without the need for Cortex Data Lake, CDL.
  • Existing contracts will not be altered and the existing Cortex Data Lake will remain until renewal. At the time of renewal, Cortex Data Lake will be available as a separate purchase.

L0 Member

Okay, so I no longer need to purchase the data lake separately. So why, then, does my tenant show the error message?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!