Legacy Agent Exceptions or New menu??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Legacy Agent Exceptions or New menu??

L3 Networker

Hi, what's your opinion?

Legacy Agent Exceptions or Global Exceptions Menu??

What's the difference? Which one is better?

Some support people suggest activating Legacy in Cortex XDR #, but I'm not sure if I should. Would I lose any of the settings already configured in the other menu

Best regards
Tiago Marques
2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi @tlmarques, thanks for reaching us using the Live Community.

The Global Exceptions are located under the "Legacy Agent Exceptions" page, you can find more info here: 

https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XDR/Cortex-XDR-Pro-Administrator-Guide/Add-a-Globa...

Using the Legacy Agent Exceptions you can create exceptions for all the endpoints (Global), or only for a specific profile.

As the doc mentions, it was migrated in XDR 3.5:

Starting with version 3.5, Cortex XDR enables you to manage the Global Endpoint Policy exceptions from a central location and easily apply them across multiple profiles in the Legacy Agent Exceptions management page. 

JM

OK, so what is the new module/menu???

is the global exceptions in the POLICY MANAGEMENT , or the legacy exceptions in the configurations-->EXCEPTIONS CONFIGURATION ?

When activating legacy-exceptions, can I make exceptions globally in both menus or just in one?

Best regards
Tiago Marques
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!