XQL or API access to Vulnerability Assessments

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XQL or API access to Vulnerability Assessments

L1 Bithead

Is it possible to access the vulnerability assessments via XQL and/or API

I've been tasked with looking at the possiblity of taking the CVE lists from vulnerability assessment and matching them to MS KB. I don't want to be manually running reports or grabbing data so need to be able to get the data from Vulnerability Asessment in a scheduled way.

If it can be done in XQL please supply an outline query as I am new to XQL and still learning.

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hi Ianatgrafton,

Unfortunately, vulnerability data is not exposed as a dataset, so it cannot be queried via XQL, nor does is it exposed via API.

Thanks for the info ... it confirms what I already thought.

Do we know if there's any plans to expose those datasets or having API access to this information?

Hi,

would you know if the status is still the same- Are vulnerability dataset now exposed via XQL or API? I've haven't found a recent documentation or post on this.

Hi @Wale-Olaniyan,

This was included in the 3.5 release (Dec '22). Try targeting the va_cves or va_endpoints datasets when forming your queries. 

L0 Member

Thanks for the response, Is there a documentation I can look at?

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!