Appending Incident field from a script

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Appending Incident field from a script

L2 Linker

Dears, 

I am blocking urls on a security control then save the value of URL in incident field name (blocked urls) using setIncident command, 

But every time I block new url the incident field is not appending the new url to the old url. It replace the old value with the new value. 

Kindly need your suggestion for how to append the value in incident field. 

Note: The incident field is array type. 

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi @oDarweesh2! I see that you mention that the incident field is a type array, could you confirm if it is a multi-select array and to dynamically add?

So, setIncident has an argument called appendMultiSelect and when you set that to true (appendMultiSelect=true), with this it will allow you to be able to append more values to the incident field name. The caveat is that the incident field needs to be the Field Type of Multi select/Array

In the war room, it would look like !setIncident appendMultiSelect=True field_value=someurlblocked, where field_value is a multi-select array

Hope that helps!

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!