How can i change type (shorttext, multiselect) of incident field?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can i change type (shorttext, multiselect) of incident field?

L2 Linker

Hi all,

Earlier, I created a field called propagation_x and posted it to the main account. The type of this field is shorttext. I want to change the type of this field to multiselect. In YML file shows multiselect, but XSOAR shows as shorttext. How can i solve this?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Doesn't look like you can change a short text field to a multi-select field via the UI, so updating the YML won't help.  

In this case you either need to delete the field, and push the change, and then recreate it as multi-select and push the change.

Short Text only supports being changed to the following on XSOAR 6.11:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.47.09 AM.png

It does not accept me to make changes because I sent it as a content package.

YilmazDincer_2-1690210752561.png

In that case, create a new field and recreate the content pack if it’s custom pack and move it again. If it’s part of marketplace content, you cannot modify those, you’ll need to create a new custom field and use that field instead of the out of the box content that’s part of the marketplace content. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!