Problem retrieving fields from XDR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem retrieving fields from XDR

L1 Bithead

Hello community,

I am having a problem retrieving fields in XSOAR from XDR. I get most of the fields, but there are some that do not reach XSOAR, such as, for example, the "action_evtlog_data_fields" (it is not that they do not appear in the context, it is simply that the incident in XSOAR does not have those fields, as shown in the picture).

rafaelusano_0-1695313186329.png

rafaelusano_1-1695313371429.png

Although these fields can be retrieved from XDR with an XQL query, what I want to know is how can I retrieve this and other fields without using an XQL query for each new incident?

Thanks for the help!!
Greetings

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

Hello @rafael-usano 

Could you post your incoming mapping?

L1 Bithead

Hello, @SanDev,

Thanks for answering!

Regarding the incoming mapper, I cannot publish more information since it is a private environment. However, in the mapper you can see many fields but it is not possible to find the field I mentioned, "action_evtlog_data_fields". If I do the same search filtering by the field value the same thing happens: "Nothing found".

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks for the help!!
Greetings

Can't you create your own imported variable? In incidents fields inside object setup, there are some extra configuration for xdr incident context.

Hello again, @SanDev,

And thanks for responding once again!

I could create a new field as part of the incident, but the problem is that the information I want to store does not appear in the incident itself. That is, if I go to the incoming mapper that I am using, select the active XDR instance and look at the information that comes out of the incident, I cannot find the content I want (which I do see in XDR).

Because, if a piece of data does not appear in the mapper section on the right, where the content of the incident is shown and not the fields to be mapped, it means that the information has not been returned to me by XDR, right?

Right, you can only map the variables in "Data fetched from". I'd like to know how to get other ones. Should it be configured inside XDR? 

L2 Linker

Another possibility is to find the value itself in the "Data fetched from". There could be a variable with a different name with the information you are looking for.

L0 Member

Hi @SanDev and @rafael-usano ,

In XDR we have several BIOCs configured that generate an incident.

We have XDR integrated with a third-party ticketing system where we receive all the information we need ("action_evtlog_data_fields" field), which my colleague Rafa comments on.

For some unknown reason, it seems that the information we need is not reaching XSOAR. In both the classifier and the mapper, we have tried to search for this field by field name and by value, but without success.

The only thing we can think of is that this information should not be sent to XSOAR, but it seems something quite strange, since in the third-party ticketing system we do receive all the information.

If we look at the JSON document in ticketing with the xdr info, the field that interests us is in the following structure:

original_alert_json -> edrData -> action_evtlog_data_fields

Any suggestion can be helpful to us.

Thank you so much

L3 Networker

Have you checked the data returned from xdr-get-alerts ?

• 8 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!