Cannot login to CLI, full GUI access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot login to CLI, full GUI access

L0 Member

I'm unable to login to the CLI of expedition. I believe the password is correct but neither the default password or the one we changed it to are working. I have full GUI access, is there anyway to recover CLI access from the GUI?

I'm on version 1.2.52, and I've found a few different articles about recovering CLI access however all of it appears to require CLI access to do.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi @BradCline 

From Expedition GUI you can not alter the CLI users/passwords as those are system passwords assigned by you or your system administrator. The scripts we provide on Expedition are quite the opposite as they are intended to recover the default admin password for the GUI.

Note: the default GUI user is admin but the default CLI user is expedition. Just in case you are trying to use the same user on the GUI and the CLI.

If you forgot the credentials for expedition or root CLI users, you could reset them on your Ubuntu VM. For that you can request it to your system administrator or googling you will find some useful articles.

My recommendation first will be to save a VM snapshot so you can go back at any time.

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hi @BradCline 

From Expedition GUI you can not alter the CLI users/passwords as those are system passwords assigned by you or your system administrator. The scripts we provide on Expedition are quite the opposite as they are intended to recover the default admin password for the GUI.

Note: the default GUI user is admin but the default CLI user is expedition. Just in case you are trying to use the same user on the GUI and the CLI.

If you forgot the credentials for expedition or root CLI users, you could reset them on your Ubuntu VM. For that you can request it to your system administrator or googling you will find some useful articles.

My recommendation first will be to save a VM snapshot so you can go back at any time.

Hope this helps,

David

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!