Expedition export Generate API Requests stuck at "Generating Management Interface"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition export Generate API Requests stuck at "Generating Management Interface"

L0 Member

Hello,

Generate API Requests stuck at step "Generating Management Interface". Waiting already more than 2 hours.

What does this step means and why it might took that much time?

Configuration was taken from Check point firewall and at the end should be pushed to Panorama using API.

Panorama ver. 10.2.2-h2

Expedition ver. 1.1.91.1

image.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

@lychiang thank you for reply. 

I have found the solution for this issue.

We are merging our imported Check Point configuration with our Panorama configuration. And it seems that Panorama config. significantly grown up and Expedition can't handle it and perform Merge.

Before performing Merge i have removed Device Groups and Templates that was not related to my current migration under Panorama tab.

With thinner configuration API calls was generated successfully.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

@ArtemsK Couple things to check:

1. upgrade your expedition to latest version v1.2.39

2. Generate API calls only have you fixed all invalid and duplicate objects in the merged config

L0 Member

@lychiang thank you for reply. 

I have found the solution for this issue.

We are merging our imported Check Point configuration with our Panorama configuration. And it seems that Panorama config. significantly grown up and Expedition can't handle it and perform Merge.

Before performing Merge i have removed Device Groups and Templates that was not related to my current migration under Panorama tab.

With thinner configuration API calls was generated successfully.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!