Migrating from Cisco ASA, strange DNAT rules

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrating from Cisco ASA, strange DNAT rules

L0 Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate configuration from Cisco ASA to Palo Alto NGFW using Expedition.

In the security policy I see a lot of strange rules with word "DNAT" prepended in a name and in a tag. These rules always placed immediately after some legitimate access rule and duplicate it almost exactly except:

- Destination IP is different

- Service field has value 'null' (which of course causes Palo Alto to fails validation of those rules when I import configuration from Expedition).

I assume that those rules have something to do with NAT policy, but it is really unclear what exactly and I cannot find any article in the Expedition documentation that will explain what it is trying to do by creating such rules.

I attached screenshot with the example of such rule.

2021-11-19 14_50_45-Window.png

If someone had similar problem, please give me a clue as to what am I looking at here.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi @ay.marusov  The DNAT rule is auto created based on your NAT policy, if you double click on the rule and go to "Warning" tab , it will show you which NAT rules associate with this security rule, same thing, you can go to NAT rule and double click on the the NAT rule and go to "Security Rules Match" , it will show you the matching security rules for the NAT rule. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Hi @ay.marusov  The DNAT rule is auto created based on your NAT policy, if you double click on the rule and go to "Warning" tab , it will show you which NAT rules associate with this security rule, same thing, you can go to NAT rule and double click on the the NAT rule and go to "Security Rules Match" , it will show you the matching security rules for the NAT rule. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!