Non-Functional Features Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Non-Functional Features Question

L1 Bithead

Hoping someone from the development team can answer a few rapid fire questions. I have search around and maybe I am not finding the answers but there are several "buttons" in Expedition that seem like they were put there for a reason but maybe aren't yet functional:

• Modifying the XML API Push has options for different operations (Set,Edit,Rename). In my limited testing nothing but Edit seems to work. Is this the case or am I doing something wrong? Does expedition some how track object renaming so that, for example, if I imported a PAN-OS config for machine learning, and then renamed an existing object, that API call would be a rename or match the previous objects for update when we push?
  • What does the "clean" option do in the API export?
  • What is the status of the real-time config update? Last I heard it was not yet ready. Is any part of it functional today?

Thanks to everyone on the expedition team who I am sure are putting most of the effort into 2.0 at the moment. We use this tool all the time and it is indispensable.

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi @IanGraham 

By default we are creating the export API calls as EDIT. If you want to use another method like SET or RENAME then I would suggest you check your Panos device API. Since the structure of the body may need to change to be able to use a different method.

About the renaming of objects we do not take into consideration. What we will do is create an API call that will create this new object with the new name.

The CLEAN option is to create API calls that removes objects in case you want to remove any. In Expedition2 we have added another functionality so when you create subatomic API calls if you had remove an object in the tool it will appear a DELETE api call automatically.

About the real-time config update status I need to check internally, I will get back to you with more information

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!