Replacing the Rule name column with description column | Migrating from Cisco FTD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Replacing the Rule name column with description column | Migrating from Cisco FTD

L0 Member

Hello Dears,

I'm working on migrating 3000 rules from Cisco FTD to PaloAlto. As you know, the Expedition tool migrates the ASA syntax, not the Snort. The ASA configuration exported won't include the Rule name. Instead, all rules will have a name like this: CSM_FW_ACL__. Fortunately, in my case, all rules have descriptions which are equal to the L7 rule name.

For example:

access-list CSM_FW_ACL_ remark rule-id 268567231: ACCESS POLICY: XYZ-Policy - Mandatory
access-list CSM_FW_ACL_ remark rule-id 268567231: L7 RULE: Test Syslog Voice
access-list CSM_FW_ACL_ advanced permit ip ifc Default_Out object-group FMC_INLINE_src_rule_268567231 ifc Network host 10.10.4.100 rule-id 268567231

After importing this configuration to the Expedition tool, the descriptions are listed successfully under the description column. Now I'm searching for a method to replace all name columns with the values listed under the description.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

This is the imported rule on expedition tool. I want to replace the name column with the description .
This is just an example and for sure i can replace the name manually. but for the other 2999 rules what should i do ? 😞

Capture1.PNG

Hi @Mahmoudfathy293 

Please send an email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com. We can provide you with an script that could work on the required replacement.

Best regards,

David

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!