3rd party managed minemeld feed to local

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

3rd party managed minemeld feed to local

L4 Transporter

We have a service provider(SP) with authenticated minemeld feed and we want to pull feed from the SP minemeld which asks for authentication into our local minemeld instance, instead of directly into our firewall. How can we do that.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @raji_toor ,

There is minemeld.JSONSEQFeed prototype miner that I believe can be used for such purpose. I haven't tested it, but based on the name It seems it is expecting json format. But it provides you option to use username and password (when you clone the prototype and create miner node, under the node details you will see field for username and password)

@aleksandar.astardzhiev I do not see the username/password option when I click new and clone never shows the details. This is what I see in my docker instance.

image.png

And if instead select the clone option

image.png

Hi @raji_toor ,

You will see Username and Password fields when you create a node.

1. Using new create new prototype where you can put the URL (replace "url: none" from your first picture)

2. Select the newly created prototype and use clone to create a miner node

3. Commit your changes

4. Go to Nodes tab, find your miner and there you will see the credentials fields

L4 Transporter

@aleksandar.astardzhiev  First sorry for the extreme late reply as i only got the time to test it today. Below the Url I inserted in the new prototype minemeld.JSONSEQFeed

image.png

And here is the node as you said where i need to enter username and password

image.png

The number of indicators for the feed as you see is still zero..

image.pngimage.png

Miner shows this error

image.png

As I had to deliver a quick work around, I was able to download the feed locally with a powershell script and the import it to minemeld easily. But it would still be great if i can do it directly in minemeld.

Thank you 🙂

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!