After installing update 8.0.8 PA3020 in FIPS\CC mode inaccessible. Device stuck in boot loop.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

After installing update 8.0.8 PA3020 in FIPS\CC mode inaccessible. Device stuck in boot loop.

L1 Bithead

After installing update 8.0.8 on a couple of our PA 3020s they became inaccessible using the web access and SSH.  We had to do a factory reset on the devices.  Every time we tried to put the devices back into FIPS\CC with 8.0.8 installed the devices would get stuck in a boot loop.  We had to do a factory reset and reinstall version 8.0.7. Then we enabled FIPS\CC and restored the devices.  We also updated our PA 5060s and had no problems at all. 

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem?  I haven't seen anything about this issue so far but I am holding off upgrading our PA 3050s  for now.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would open a support case and update here as well. Sounds like something could have gone awry with the upgrade?

Regards,

L0 Member

I have 2 - PA5050 having the same issue. TAC has been unable to determine the cause. Had to factory reset one and reinstall 8.0.8 and the other one I was able to roll back to 8.0.6 h3. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!