Aruba clearpass user id issue with Palo Alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Aruba clearpass user id issue with Palo Alto

L3 Networker

We have ClearPass integrated to Palo Alto. ClearPass sends user-id to the firewall upon successful authentication. Customer is experiencing an issue where the laptop (on wireless) would fail to access Internet at re-authentication.

There is another client device that is login with the same user-id. I think the question here is with user-identity, does PA allows a one-to-many (one user-id to multiple IP) relationships???

Also we see the ClearPass re-authenticating the user and it is successful. However, we do not see the corresponding timestamp re-authentication appearing on the PA. The timeout wasn’t reset back to 9 hrs (as configured in the global setting). Is that normal?

In the screen capture seen below for today, I had restarted the wireless at 9.16am. But there was no user-id mapping for the IP address. You can see there is a close correlation on the PA at 9.17am. I did a second restart of the wireless on the client at 9.24am. There was a user-id mapping and it was able to access Internet. The timestamp on PA was at 9.24am. However, at 10.01am, it appears there is another successful mapping of the user-id to IP on the PA but there wasn’t any re-authentication on the ClearPass.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jatin.Singh,

Yes, one user-id can be allocated to multiple IPs. It's looks like you're feeding the authentication through the API? 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!