Cannot login to PA-820

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Cannot login to PA-820

L0 Member

Hi

Our Primary admin is out of the business and the records of our firewall credentials are no longer valid.

In essence, I need to gain access to our Firewalls without factory resetting.

Having recently joined the business, I've registered on the support portal, but it seems the previous admin needs to approve this registration before I can use the support portal, so I'm getting nowhere fast, despite having premium support.

Calling the support numbers basically tell me to use the online portal to log a request, which I can't!

Where do I go for help now?  

Anyone from PaloAlto on here who can advise?  It would be appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@AndyCooper,

As long as you can re-create the email account that the previous admin used (hopefully one under your organization) that might be your fastest path forward. Just add that previous account as an alias for your account and you should be able to go through and regain access. 

You'll otherwise need to go through this form https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/login-assistance and explain your issue and supply a valid serial number on the account. This isn't meant to be a quick or easy process, so don't expect instant access. If you know your account team it's worth reaching out to them and seeing what they can do, if anything, to help you in this situation. 

As to your original issue, do you have any access to your device? If you don't, you will be factory resetting the device. The good news is you can actually get the configuration from maintenance mode. You'll need to go through this process https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClK2CAK

The important thing to denote here is that once you factory reset your firewall and load the configuration file you exported you need to create a new superuser admin user or change the password of the admin account to something you know prior to committing the configuration. Otherwise you'll just be locked out again. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In addition to what BPry has provided, check the following in the configuration as it will lock you out/bite you again, its a STIG setting:

OtakarKlier_0-1686930115661.png

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!