certificate import for using captive portal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

certificate import for using captive portal

L0 Member

Hello community,

we have running a PA-500 with a captive portal configuration. This config was build up last year on a PAN-OS 3.1.7. We haved used Debian Linux with openssl to generate a key-pair and a CSR. To correctly import the certificate I had to convert the certificates in Base64 format and copy&paste the intermediate certificate on the bottom of our server certificate. This file was uploaded. The RootCA for this certificate chain was uploaded seperatly. It works now for a year. Actually our PA500 runs with PAN-OS 4.1.2 and the certificate for our captive portal is now invalid.

This day I have tried to get a new certificate (with the old keys und csr) and cut&paste it in the same way as last year. But PAN-OS do not upload this certificate file (Base64 or P12 format), the upload windows works and works until a timeout occurred. I have tried only my certificate to upload, I have tried a copy&paste with the certificate and the immediate certificate, I have tried a P12 format, nothing works.

How should I update or install a new captive portal certificate under PAN-OS 4.1.2?

Do you have any idea? Thanks a in advance (and sorry, for my bad english)

Bye!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Hello,

I've solved the problem. As soon as I import the new certificate from am Server direct connected to the PA500 management port the upload worked correctly. The certificate ist up and running.

Bye.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Hello,

I've solved the problem. As soon as I import the new certificate from am Server direct connected to the PA500 management port the upload worked correctly. The certificate ist up and running.

Bye.

Hi tc001 , i dont understand what you do to solve this problem.

I have the same problem.... Can you  explain better?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!