Certification expiratio - Redistribution question.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Certification expiratio - Redistribution question.

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We are not using redistribution in our FWs. We just have our PAs connected to a UIAgent. So i understand that we dont need to upgrade FWs, just install app&threats version.

The point here, that PA releases a python script and its marking like redistribution is enabled.

If we run the service command for redistribution its enabled but no agents/clients exists. So my questions are:

-The redistribution service in CLI is enable by default althougn you are not using it?

-To have a FW connected to a UIA to get the mappings, that is called "redistribution" for PA? 

We dont have redistribution in a FW in version 10, but if we run this commands. The service is UP but no agent/clients connected. Its normal to have service UP althoug you dont have any redis config? Are we needed to upgrade?

show redistribution service status
show redistribution agent state all

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@BigPalo,

The redistribution service status should be up regardless of if you have any clients configured, so you're good to go there. As long as you don't have any clients or agents configured with the default certificates you don't need to upgrade to a hotfix release. You'll be able to follow the advisory guidance to simply have at least 8776-8390 or later and you'll be good to go. 

I'd still personally highly recommend that you simply upgrade to a hotfix release that includes the new certificates by default. This way you don't even need to think about it and you'll know that you're good to go. Nobody wants to start running into issues come new year's day and have to be troubleshooting an issue, just install whatever hotfix you require on your current code branch. 

Many thanks as always BPRY.

It was weird because PA released a github script and we launched it appearing our FWs as "Redistibution" enabled, but we are not using. I understand that this script check just the service which which leads to misunderstanding.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!