Custom Report Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Report Question

Not applicable

I built a Custom Report using the "URL Log" Database and selected "URL" in the selected Columns (first screenshot) . When I click "Run Now" the report displays with the URL address truncated - this is what I want. When the report is exported to PDF or scheduled for delivery the URL column is about 4 miles wide and unreadable.

What I am trying to accomplish is have a report sorted by users with the most frequent websites they visit.

. Capture01.JPG.jpg

Run Now report

Capture02.JPG.jpg

Exported as a PDF

Capture03.JPG.jpg

In my URL filtering rule I have the action of alert for my categories so a log will be created to have that data and I also have "Log container page only" check.

Is there any way to set the column width for the PDF or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance....  

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello NSEITZ,

I would like to know if in the URL profile do you have the Log container page only checked or unchecked. If unchecked the device gives all the related urls opened for the main site.

If disabled pls check it, test the results and share here with us.

container.PNG.png

Thanks

I can confirm the "Log container page only is checked".

Capture04.JPG.jpg

Run away URL

Capture05.JPG.jpg

My understanding with log container page only the above URL should display "clients2.google.com" at the most but you can see it just keeps going off the page.

After some trial and error I noticed that when selecting **Detailed Logs - Traffic** the URL shows only the container page (like it should). When selecting **Detailed Logs - URL** it will give you the whole URL. It appears that the "log container page" check does not affect this log.

Capture05.JPG.jpg

I was able to build a half decent report with the following settings.

Capture07.JPG.jpg

So using Traffic log databese is solution for now.

Also There is a request for URL filtering improvement about that subject...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!