Device Config or Full Config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Config or Full Config

L4 Transporter

Hello ,

I need duplicate FW config...

What is your suggestion?

Should I import the full configuration file or the device state file?

What is the difference of upload full configuration file or the device state?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi there,

If you just want to duplicate the configuration of a firewall then loading just the exported running configuration (or latest named) onto a firewall of the same platform and software version is the way to go.

Using a state export/import is required when restoring a FW running a GlobalProtect Portal.

cheers,

Seb.

Hello,

Why can't the device state always be loaded?

I don't understand what is the difference between the two. Device state and running configuration,

Regards

L3 Networker

Hi there,

You can export and load the device state if you wanted. The device state bundle will be a larger file and contain extraneous data not required by a 'normal backup' if the type of firewall deployment does not require it.

cheers,

Seb.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!