DHCP Interface Stuck

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DHCP Interface Stuck

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I have a situation where the Meraki sends error saying it cannot reach the internet which is connected to the PA and then to the Service provider's NTU. The NTU is providing DHCP connection to the PA's ethernet port.

No error message is seen on the PA, but then each time this happens, we need to renew the DHCP Lease in the PA's interface and then the issue resolves. This happens intermittently, sometimes in 2/3 days. 

Interestingly the DHCP lease expires every 2-3 hours from the SP and cannot be determined if this could be the issue.

Any help on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

@BPry 

@kiwi 

Regards,

PrasKtmBoy
1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Pras,

When you look at the interface on the firewall, what do you see for option 51? The firewall will send renewals according to when it's being told the lease time is set to, but I wonder if it isn't receiving that option properly. You should also be able to look at dhcp events via the following query "(subtype eq dhcp)" within system logs, expand that to include your interface if you utilize DHCP on other interfaces like this "(subtype eq dhcp) and (object eq 'ethernet1/1') .

Looking through those system logs you should see regular if-update-ok events if everything is functioning properly. I'd make sure that you aren't seeing any if-clear events. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!