Expedition migration: Old paloalto NGFW (Panorama managed) to New one

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition migration: Old paloalto NGFW (Panorama managed) to New one

L1 Bithead

Hi all, i'm trying to figure what are the correct steps to migrate:

Paloalto Cluster 3060 (9.1) Managed by Panorama (10.1) to a new Paloalto cluster 3410 (To be managed by Panorama).

This is my starting idea

1) Setup the 2 nodes in 1 HA Cluster (Setup only: FW mgt interface, HA, Panorama server ip)
2) Import cluster to panorama
3) Import Panorama in Expedition
4) Make (eventually) changes to FW
5) Inside Expedition: export Old FW Config to new FW Config (Export tab)
6) Export New Config from expedition to panorama
7) Commit Panorama changes to new FW

If these general steps are correct i would go deep inside steps 5 and 6.

Step 5: i have on left panel templates and device config.
Do i need to set now the base config? Where (old and new)?
How can i copy the configs on the new fw?

robertocol_0-1708701205451.png

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @robertocol ,

You can drag and drop the contents of your source config (old panorama/old fw) over to the right of your base config (new panorama/new fw). Once you've moved over all that you would like to the new base config you can click the drop downs of each section of the base config to make sure you have all desired components. You can click merge after to have your final config. I would double check the merged base config by changing your view to policies/objects and selecting your base config at the bottom bar. 

Hope this helps!

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Jay, thank you for clear explanation.
After i merged and checked the configs how can i export it to panorama? 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!