Export/import tool using set commands

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Export/import tool using set commands

L0 Member

"Hello to the Palo Alto Networks community,

After conducting research on the tasks of exporting and importing configuration file in PA-VM version 10, I've learned that using file transfer protocols like TFTP and SCP allows for the export and import of the current state configuration file in XML format as a default. This capability is also supported by Panorama.

However, for my specific use case, I am interested in finding out if there is an automated tool or a module, possibly utilizing Python or Ansible, that facilitates the export and import of the configuration file in the format of 'set commands'.

Additionally, I would like to gather opinions on whether exporting and importing configuration files in 'set commands' format is considered a best practice in the industry.

Thank you for the advice in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!