Feature Request Policy Export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request Policy Export

L0 Member

Hi paloalto community

I really don't knwo where I should place my feature request. I hope it's the right place and somebody notice my request.

I would appreciate an export button for policies and objects directly to csv. It should be possible to filter rules like the traffic log and then export the view (like the log export). I would be fine to choose between objectnames and ipaddress display instead of object name.

I know the workaround with config export and xml inport to Excel, but thats not the way a many thousand dollar product shoud export its policies.

I hope there are more Engineers with the same feelings

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi CédricMetzger,

Please direct any feature request you might have to your local SE.  They will file your request through the correct channels or add more weight to a request if it already exists.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L7 Applicator

Palo Alto has an internal Feature Request database that is maintained by the sales Engineers.  You submit your request to them and if it is a new request they create it or they add your companies vote to the existing request.

All requests are assigned a number, FR 1234.

You can then promote the assigned FR number here in the forums to ask others to place votes on the feature.

For your specific needs, there is a user supplied work around outlined in this document.  That uses the Excel XML import feature to pull the policies from the firewall via the API.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/API-Articles/Importing-rulebase-into-Excel-using-XML-API/ta-p/5...

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!