frame_ancestors_missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

frame_ancestors_missing

L0 Member

Hi 
I run a regular scan on our equipment from a public source and I am seeing the following vuln being flagged against the URL that is used for our Palo devices and I was hoping someone would have an answer as there's not much information out there.

The Analysis refers to: 

Site Does Not Use Best Practices Against Embedding of Malicious Content

The host header ; frame_ancestors_missing 

Hoping someone can advise 
Many thanks

D

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DinoAdami,

frame-ancestors are served up in the CSP header and essentially just limit the ability to embed a page to whatever you have specified. Whatever you're using for scanning is properly reporting that this isn't present for GlobalProtect; I'm unaware of any ability to customize this behavior. You can reach out to your SE to get a FR put together to add this functionality however.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DinoAdami,

frame-ancestors are served up in the CSP header and essentially just limit the ability to embed a page to whatever you have specified. Whatever you're using for scanning is properly reporting that this isn't present for GlobalProtect; I'm unaware of any ability to customize this behavior. You can reach out to your SE to get a FR put together to add this functionality however.

@BPry 

Thank you for this, I received a response from our support partner early this morning and their response is along the same lines. Do you know of any official Palo documentation that advises as such, I'm unable to find anything that outlines this behaviour - I can go back to the online scanner; SecurityScorecard.io to have this false positive removed.

Many thanks

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DinoAdami,

I'm not aware of any official documentation specifically stating that frame-ancestors isn't supported; that's kind of asking for documentation to support the lack of a specific functionality, it isn't extremely common that a vendor will take the time to publish that information.

I also want to be clear here that this isn't really a false-positive detection. Your scanner is properly documenting the lack of a specific functionality that would make things more secure if it was utilized, the product that it's scanning simply doesn't support said functionality.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!