GlobalProtect single sign on did not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect single sign on did not work

I have problems to use single sign on  for the Global PRotect client with windows 7. I have enabled SSO and disabled the save login credential button but I even get the Authentication window.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Under PaloAlto Networks folder you will find a folder named PANGPS, can you please check to see an instance of user name is ___empty_username___, domain name is.

Also few important things to consider

For GlobalProtect SSO to work as expected, only the following two credential provider filters must be present:

• Palo Alto Networks credential provider filter
  • Native Microsoft credential provider filter

Follow the steps below to view them:

1. Open regedit.exe
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Provider Filters
    1. Our Credential Provider Filtercp1.PNG
    2. Native Microsoft Credential Provider Filtercp2.PNG

If there are any third party credential provider filters apart from the ones mentioned above, they would interfere with the SSO engine and cause the domain and username to show up blank in the PANGPS.log

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Under PaloAlto Networks folder you will find a folder named PANGPS, can you please check to see an instance of user name is ___empty_username___, domain name is.

Also few important things to consider

For GlobalProtect SSO to work as expected, only the following two credential provider filters must be present:

• Palo Alto Networks credential provider filter
  • Native Microsoft credential provider filter

Follow the steps below to view them:

1. Open regedit.exe
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Provider Filters
    1. Our Credential Provider Filtercp1.PNG
    2. Native Microsoft Credential Provider Filtercp2.PNG

If there are any third party credential provider filters apart from the ones mentioned above, they would interfere with the SSO engine and cause the domain and username to show up blank in the PANGPS.log

Thanks for the answer but after checking your solution i get GPClient ver 1.2.6 working in SSO mode on win 32 bit but not in Win 64 bit systems

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!