gre tunnel problem in HA (Active/Passive)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

gre tunnel problem in HA (Active/Passive)

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

I have a problem about gre tunnel in HA (active/passive).

Currently, two PA-220 firewalls are configured as active-passive HA. (Settings are also synced between the two devices.)

If I configure and commit the gre tunnel on the active device, the gre tunnel is up on the active device while the config is synced to the HA device.

However, when the config sync was completed (configuration commit is completed) in the passive device, the active device's gre tunnel goes down and the passive device's gre tunnel goes up.

In the HA configuration, the link state of the passive device is set to shutdown, and the link is actually marked as down.

In addition, if I apply the source as the IP of the interface for (gre tunnel) in the cli and ping to the IP of the gre tunnel peer device, ping is possible only from the active device, and ping is not possible from the passive device.

I can't understand these symptoms. Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms?

If anyone knows a solution, please share.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DAEHOJUNG,

Can you list the PAN-OS version that you are running. I recall seeing a similar issue mentioned in one of the various release notes, might be something to check on at the very least. 

Thanks for your interest in my question.

The OS version I am currently using is 10.2.3.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!