How to migrate logs from M-100 to another M-100 in mixed mode by moving the logging disks

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to migrate logs from M-100 to another M-100 in mixed mode by moving the logging disks

L3 Networker

the customer  have an M-100 do RMA

Now they need to replace the hard disk with the new M-100.

I refer to this article

How to migrate logs from M-100 to another M-100 in mixed mode by moving the logging disks.

nine thousand three hundred and seven

Created On 09/27/19 23:00 PM - Last Updated 05/19/20 20:46 PM

I have some questions.

Question 1: I don't know about Step 9

9.Transfer meta-data from Old-M-100 to New-M-100:

At this step, Please call into support to have an engineer assist to transfer the Meta-data. Once Metadata transfer is completed successfully continue with Step 10.

why need engineer assist to transfer the meta-data。

Can't I just unplug the hard disk from the old device and plug it into the new device?

Question 2: I don't know if raid has been done on old m-100. If not, raid has not been done

Onyxx@New-M-100> request system raid add A1 force no-format
'no-format' will be ignored for the second drive in the RAID Disk Pair. Do you want to continue? (y or n) y

Operation may take few minutes. Check 'show system raid detail' for status

Onyxx@New-M-100> request system raid add A2 force no-format
'no-format' will be ignored for the second drive in the RAID Disk Pair. Do you want to continue? (y or n) y

Operation may take few minutes. Check 'show system raid detail' for status

Does this affect the data in the hard disk

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

微信截图_20201120142417.png

This screenshot shows whether a1 and a2 are raid or not?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!